Wakemans Tenant’s Agent Role for Travelodge Hotels includes the following services:
- Technical and operational support to the Development Managers and Solicitors during the Agreement for Lease (AFL) negotiations.
- Preparing budgets for investment and main board papers.
- Agreement of drawings and specification for appending to the AFL.
- Assisting Developers during the procurement process including queries on specification and cost issues.
- Attending pipeline reviews at the crowbar meeting.
- Monitoring onsite works, attending site meetings, answering site specific queries.
- Cost reporting.
- Agreeing variations.
- Placing FF&E orders and agreeing programmes.
- Verifying project invoices and reconciliation against budgets.
- Checking quality and carrying our room inspections at practical completion.
SuperRooms™ – Wakemans assisted Travelodge to implement its new SuperRooms offer to a number of selected city centre hotels and targeted new build developments. Travelodge ‘Super’ rooms offer a higher specification and comfort to both the business traveller and those requiring a higher grade of comfort at a slightly increased room rate.
Wakemans have supported Travelodge to refit this offering across 48 existing hotels and incorporate the SuperRoom requirements into Travelodge’s Tenants Requirements documentation, this includes a complete supplier specification and ordering protocol. Going forward this standard will enable the hotelier to incorporate or add on SuperRooms to its refit and new build programme, helping Travelodge to understand the costs and lead times and propose the most profitable room mix. The TRD specification also assists the Design team and Contractors to efficiently incorporate the offering.
• Refurbishment and Re-branding – Wakemans have been assisting Travelodge as Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors to roll out a phased refurbishment programme across its existing estate of operational hotels. From 2013 to 2015 circa. £100m has been spent across 35,000 rooms, our work has included the scoping of hotels, preparation and execution of a budgeted programme of work, to uplift and incorporate the hotelier’s brand standards. Travelodge retains Wakemans on an ongoing basis for their annual refurbishments spend as Travelodge continues to invest in its existing portfolio to maintain its brand standard.
• New Bar Café – We have also assisted the hotelier to update its Bar Café specification and branding for existing hotels, refurbishments and new build developments.
• Travelodge PLUS – Wakemans have assisted the hotelier to roll out its new hotel format – ‘Travelodge PLUS’, bringing together SuperRooms and the New Bar Café. The Travelodge PLUS brand has been initially rolled out to 7 city centre hotels (2019) and will be incorporated into a number of new build hotels according to the centrality of their location.
Wakemans is often retained to Project Manage and act in the capacity of Tenant’s or Employer’s Agent on a variety of new build hotels and conversions of existing buildings i.e. offices into new hotels.
Wakemans has helped to incorporate an extra 600 bedrooms into the hotel portfolio throughout the UK these include:
- Travelodge Solihull Sapphire Court has 60 bedrooms over five storeys
- Travelodge Walsall, has 82 bedrooms over six storeys on a mixed development site with ground floor retail space and is helping to rejuvenate derelict land along the ring road corridor.
- Travelodge Marlow is an 83-bedroom hotel, including SuperRooms and a Bar Café.
- The 78-room Travelodge London Dagenham is built on a brownfield site featuring ground floor retail space, a drive- through Costa Coffee and associated car parking, Dagenham Travelodge is adjacent to a proposed new film studio.
- Travelodge Bury St Edmunds is Travelodge’s first hotel in the town and offers 80-bedrooms with drive-through Starbucks outlet.
- Travelodge Letchworth is an integral part of the Letchworth Gateway regeneration scheme, the three-storey property has 73 rooms plus car parking and occupies a mixed development site that is also home to an Aldi supermarket, McDonalds drive-through and Costa Coffee outlet.
- The £6 m Travelodge Sittingbourne has 63 rooms and is located alongside an eight-screen cinema and restaurants in the Bourne Place leisure quarter, making it a key element of the town’s regeneration programme.
- Travelodge Rochester Riverside is an £5.2 m 81-room hotel adjacent to the railway station and a short walk from the waterfront area.
Wakemans assist Travelodge with its Pre-Contract development proposals, by supporting the developer’s team to plan, cost and understand the hotelier’s requirements, to meet its budget targets and determine the projected profitability of its proposed and ongoing development programme whether as an owner or a tenant. This includes:
- Feasibility studies,
- Room mix planning,
- Type of hotel offering etc.
We work with the team and developer’s to prepare proposals for consideration by Travelodge management, we also assist in the preparation of contract documents with the legal team and provide advice and technical support with the preparation of the Agreement for Lease including operational feedback on drawings and hotel specifications.