Wakemans have provided Contract Administrator and Building Surveying services for the Sixth Form College, Solihull, and we continue to be retained by them on a series of schemes. Our recent projects have included:
- Internal Refurbishment, space planning and new suspended ceilings to facilitate improvements to M&E Services including additional data provision and air conditioning. Wakemans provided a Contract Administration Service.
- Solar Gain Assessment and energy efficiency options – Hampton Building.
- Art and Design Building classroom reconfiguration.
- CIF Funding Proposal.
- Hampton Building Solar Gain Project.
- Blythe Building, Classroom refurbishment.
- New Build Feasibility Proposals.
Contract Administrator, Principal Designer
Wakemans were employed as Contract Administrator and Principal Designer on this £1 million fit out of a new production facility and offices for Hofer Powertrain one of the world’s leading providers of hi-tech automotive engineering consultancy services.
In a joint venture with ElringKlinger, Hofer Powertrain Products UK has been set up as a new UK subsidiary, operating out of the completed advanced engineering centre at the Solihull business park.
Hofer signed a 15-year lease on Unit 1 at the Connexion campus at Blythe Valley Park. Wakemans managed contractor Intex Projects to fit out the new 47,000ft² production development space which has been purpose built for the manufacture of a new hybrid transmission system.
The project was completed on time and within budget.