Wakemans is often retained to Project Manage and act in the capacity of Tenant’s or Employer’s Agent on a variety of new build hotels and conversions of existing buildings i.e. offices into new hotels.
Wakemans has helped to incorporate an extra 600 bedrooms into the hotel portfolio throughout the UK these include:
- Travelodge Solihull Sapphire Court has 60 bedrooms over five storeys
- Travelodge Walsall, has 82 bedrooms over six storeys on a mixed development site with ground floor retail space and is helping to rejuvenate derelict land along the ring road corridor.
- Travelodge Marlow is an 83-bedroom hotel, including SuperRooms and a Bar Café.
- The 78-room Travelodge London Dagenham is built on a brownfield site featuring ground floor retail space, a drive- through Costa Coffee and associated car parking, Dagenham Travelodge is adjacent to a proposed new film studio.
- Travelodge Bury St Edmunds is Travelodge’s first hotel in the town and offers 80-bedrooms with drive-through Starbucks outlet.
- Travelodge Letchworth is an integral part of the Letchworth Gateway regeneration scheme, the three-storey property has 73 rooms plus car parking and occupies a mixed development site that is also home to an Aldi supermarket, McDonalds drive-through and Costa Coffee outlet.
- The £6 m Travelodge Sittingbourne has 63 rooms and is located alongside an eight-screen cinema and restaurants in the Bourne Place leisure quarter, making it a key element of the town’s regeneration programme.
- Travelodge Rochester Riverside is an £5.2 m 81-room hotel adjacent to the railway station and a short walk from the waterfront area.